Join the Cobdogla Steam Friends Society
The aims of the Society include:
- The operation of the steam engines at the Museum and the acquisition and restoration to working order, of steam and other machinery used in the development of the Irrigation areas.
- The training of operators in the safe working of steam engines and other historic machinery.
- The operation of the Cobdogla Irrigation and Steam Museum.
Family $25 - Adults $20 - Students $10
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Cobdogla Steam Friends Society Inc, please email email@example.com or contact 04 0303 6949. Our postal address is PO Box 535, Cobdogla SA 5346.
Annual general Meeting
The Annual General Meeting for the Cobdogla Steam Friends Society Inc is held on the last Sunday of July each year at 1 pm at the Museum.
Join the Barmera National Trust
The branch relocated to the Museum in 1988, occupying the former Steam Plant Building.
Activities of the Branch include:
- Mounting displays and dioramas relevant to the development of the Irrigation Areas and the history of the Loveday Internment Camp.
- Maintaining historic ruins such as those of the Cobdogla Station Homestead chimney and the Napper's Accommodation House.
- Collecting and collating items of historical interest to the Barmera District.
To become a National Trust volunteer, visit the National Trust SA website for details on how to join.